Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rolling Through The Rounds

My only workout today was an hour and a half of jujitsu class. We drilled mount escapes for quite a while. I paired up with Ben G. who is an exceptional grappler. He was a big help in explaining the progression to the escape. After drilling we rolled for quite a few rounds. We switched partners every round. Each round is 5 minutes long. Ben and I were pretty intense because it seems that we rolled right through the bells and through a few rounds. My main goal was not to be submitted by this guy. I was really proud of myself for the way I was moving out of his submission attempts. He remarked that I was improving drastically. It's so exciting.

I had to leave Absolute a little earlier than usual to make it to my company's softball game. I'm counting my TWO trips to home plate as a workout. Because I had to do all that running to get there. Hello!

No comments: