Monday, June 2, 2008

Let Me Make Myself Clear

I'm totally going to achieve my fitness goals.

Today the workout consisted of a four and a half mile run in the morning. I went to Gold's gym and ran in their cardio theater. The Bourne Ultimatum was playing. The camera work was totally making me fall off the treadmill. I kept hitting the rests on the sides of the belt. It looks as if the camera man was drunkenly running while filming this movie. And when you run while watching the unsteady motion, you set yourself up for death.

I also went to Absolute after work for about an hour and a half for a Muay Thai class. Ten minutes of jump-rope and ten minutes of shadow-boxing for warm up. We did 6 rounds of one for one combinations. I paired up with Vasily (the Russian), and we kept up an intense pace throughout the rounds. We conditioned abs between rounds. Class ended with about a billion push-ups. Ok, maybe not a billion, but a couple hundred. Fine, it was only about 150 for me. Upper body strength is not a big attribute of mine. But I've improved significantly! And that's what matters. Right? Right.

No comments: