Thursday, June 5, 2008

Busted Up

I was supposed to do a longer run this morning before work. I woke up for it, but opted to stay in bed and read. It was dark and rainy! Reading in bed with a bowl of Cheerios was the perfect way to start the day.

I went to Absolute after work and participated in three hours of jujitsu. We drilled getting knee-on-belly position from cross-body position. Then variations of attacks from knee-on-belly. We received some very cool instruction from Rob. We practiced basing ourselves while having knee-on-belly. Also how to direct your opponents movements by putting pressure from your knee in different positions on their body. This stuff is the incredible. I love learning. LOVE IT.

We rolled for a bit and then we drilled guard escapes. We line up on the wall and three people get on their backs in the middle of the mats. Three others from the wall get into their guard and try to pass the guard. If they pass they get to have the spot on the mat and the next person on the wall gets in their guard. If the person on the bottom reverses the person in their guard or gets a submission, then they get to stay on the mat. It's a great exercise. I remember when I first started, I barely lasted 10 seconds before I was submitted. Now I'm lasting quite a while. I occasionally take someone place on the floor. It's nice to see progress once in a while.

I split my lip open pretty good while rolling tonight. I didn't realize it until after I was done. I looked down and saw all this blood on my shirt. What the...! Then I tasted blood. Sick. It should look awesome in a couple of hours.

No comments: